We are seeking highly driven individuals who can participate and add value to our growing design/retail business.
Please see our available openings below.
Office & WHOLESALE MANAGER
As a small design studio focused on wholesale and direct to consumer sales, we rely on a number of fixed processes to manage day to day operations. From book keeping, to inventory management, to building out and presenting at trade shows, to sales pitching and wholesale management. We are a small startup poised for growth in 2016 and 2017 with pending investment capital. This is a great time to join the team at the ground level as we continue to expand the brand nationally in working with larger brands, major retailers, and begin to solidify our place as a studio focused on design, material innovation, and an ethos inspired by nature.
We are looking for an individual who is flexible, adept, and willing to participate with enthusiasm and the frame of mind that if you don't know how to do something, you can learn how to do it. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to change career fields, recent grads, or folks who have experience with the below list of job responsibilities.
It is not expected that you will be completely familiar with all of the tasks and roles listed below. There will be a training window and much of the tasks will be step by step. You will work closely with our founder when it comes to moving forward, particularly on marketing decisions and wholesale dialogues.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Wholesale account management
- Crafting monthly mailers
- Copywriting, using Excel, using Google Drive
- Participating in brainstorm sessions related to marketing, content, and design
- Participating in the management of Kickstarter campaigns
- Traveling for wholesale trade events
- Packing and shipping of orders in the mornings
- Monthly book keeping with QuickBooks
- Monthly inventory management
- Managing e-mail support
- Website management
- Periodic monitoring and implementation of google analytics
- Various marketing tasks
- Inbound quality control of new products
- Maintaining an organized and consistent workflow
- Handling walk in customers to our studio requiring technical assistance or interest in purchasing
In working with our small team, you will become privy to an adjacent set of knowledge bases and would most likely participate in some, if not many, of the tasks below:
- Design and development of mass produced product from concept, to prototype, to final sampling
- Working with suppliers both domestic and foreign
- Pricing for B2B and B2C
- Identifying and utilizing various sales channels – flash sales, drop shipping, e-commerce, etc.
- Developing creative strategies to be realized through either marketing, products, or other avenues
- Working with non profit partners
- Package design
- Working with major retailers who require EDI compliance or ISBN tags
- Intern management
- Securing intellectual property such as patents and trademarks
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: OFFICE & WHOLESALE MANAGER