"An Interchangeable Everyday Watch with a Natural Twist"
Philadelphia design studio Analog Watch Co. has announced its newest line, the Classic Collection. For those who appreciate nature and quality craftsmanship, the Classic Collection features ultra-thin watches with genuine wood or ceramic stone detailing. Accompanied by easily interchangeable premium leather straps made-in-USA, there is a look that suits any occasion.
Known for a bold architectural design aesthetic and the cutting edge use of unique natural materials, Analog's new design follows the demands of its dedicated fan base for an everyday watch with a timeless look. Following the success of the Mason Watch and the Carpenter Watch (a MoMA Best Seller + the world's first flexible wood band watch) Analog's new design has been built with premium quality components for those who appreciate design and nature.
Using real wood and ceramic stone with a Swiss Made movement, Analog aims to remind the wearer of nature no matter what environment he or she find themselves in. Each watch comes with a choice of interchangeable premium top grain leather straps hand crafted by expert Amish leathersmiths partner in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA.
Analog was started when an art school college grad found himself out of work and literally, cleaning toilets. Designer Lorenzo Buffa took to Kickstarter in 2013 to launch his first collection raising $75k in funding. Following the success of this line, the company launched the Mason Watch on Kickstarter earlier this year and raised over $59k. Analog now has a studio and showroom in Philadelphia Pennsylvania and sells to boutiques and retailers worldwide.
- We found that many people today value versatility in their style choices, so we made a watch that can be adapted to any situation -- casual, formal, modern, or classic.
- Our unique handcrafted NATO/ZULU straps can be changed without tools, giving you limitless combinations to go with any look.
- We believe that watches aren't just fashion accessories; they're sculptures for the wrist. Our designs reflect this.
- Many watches today use cheap alloy bodies, low quality parts, obtrusive logos, and imitation leather straps. Using natural materials and patterns, accessible and classic design, and expert craftsmanship, we have produced a watch that effortlessly combines high art and practicality in a unique way.
- Premium components are inside and out - From the Swiss parts movement, to genuine wood or ceramic stone, to our hand crafted straps.
- The decision to not add a logo to the face is to protect the conceptual spirit of the design.
- Our goal is to reinterpret the watch as an accessory. We want to make timepieces that aren't expensive status symbols, or thinly veiled advertisements for luxury brands. We want watches to be little pieces of art that remind the wearer of nature, and help one self express to the world a bit of your personality.
- Will retail for $165, but is available on pre-order through Kickstarter here for $55
- URL: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/analogwatchco/1528646224?token=18d7cf32
- Our previous campaigns have raised a combined $135k on Kickstarter alone.
Growing up in the rolling hills of eastern Pennsylvania, Lorenzo Buffa was surrounded by nature from an early age. This influence is apparent in his work today, which is firmly rooted in organic forms and natural materials. With a background in Art and Industrial Design, he aims to elevate the conventional wrist watch into a form of wearable art.
In 2013 he launched Analog Watch Co. in Philadelphia, a sustainably-minded design studio with the aim of bringing the minimal elegance of nature into daily life. Analog has committed to planting a tree for every wood watch sold and has longer term goals to partnering with other organizations specific to each collections material.
As a designer, Buffa seeks to merge the worlds of conceptual design with the practicality of real products that reach a broad audience. His work is sold online, in the MoMA Design Store, and through museums and boutiques worldwide.
"To stay close to nature is a part of our instinctual being. When it comes to creating, I can't help but turn to natural materials first."
- Lorenzo Buffa, Founder & Designer
"As an artist and entrepreneur, it's my goal to differentiate ourselves by merging new ways of thinking with new methods and processes."
- Lorenzo Buffa, Founder & Designer
- Wall Street Journal - Quirk and Creative Options for Father's Day Gifts
- Cool Hunting - Analog Watch Co.'s Mason Collection
- Fast Co. Design - Like A Rolex for Michelangelo, This Watch Is Made Out Of Marble
- Design Milk - These Watches Are Like Marble Sculptures For Your Wrist
- High Snobiety - These Marble Watches From Analog Watch Co. Are a World's First
- Cult of Mac - The anti-Apple Watch with made of marble, and it's killing it on Kickstarter
- Treehugger - Classic contemporary wooden watches are made with lumber offcuts
Interviews available on request. Please contact email@example.com with requests and questions.